Friday, January 2, 2009

New Years, and yes goals

So we had a party on New Years eve and we all had a great time. My friend Cristy's husband is deployed in Iraq, so we had her and her kids come and hang for the night. Liz and her family came out for a while until Liz's dang allergies came a courtin'. The Alvarez family came and we all played games, ate a ton of food, and really had a good time hanging out. I am excited for the new year.

This last year was a doozie of action for us. With the economy the way it turned up we really could be in a worse situation than what we are in. I am not trying to float our boat or anything believe me we have had our share of issues this past year but in all we really had a good one.
Brent got his dream job, we moved to FL, our kids are healthy and happy, and I am having a great time in hair school. We really can't complain. Now we need to maintain the momentum and bring in a great 2009.

My goals....

Our YW pres. asked the girls to make goals for the new year and I wanted to try and make some for myself this year.

Physical: To have a veggie at dinner every night
Mental: To keep reading (I feel like I get more stupid unless I am reading)
Family: To hold FHE every monday night
Spiritual: To read my Sunday school lesson before Sunday/ and make sure Abbey is prepared for baptism
Talent: To learn a new song to sing every month
Really my overall goal is to make sure my family is strong, healthy and prepared for life. I love the new year. It makes me feel like we can start over again. I need goals and I am really going to work on these this year. I hope if nothing I can keep the one about Abbey. It is really important to me that she understands what she is doing when she is baptised.

I am ready to go back to school, learn a lot. and ready to kick butt and take names this fall. So all of you looking for a stylist I am for hire.

2 comments:

Stacey Irwin said...

Those are some pretty good goals.. are you sure you didn't cheat of my resolution paper? ha ha!!.. no seriously.. great minds think alike on a few of those babies!

I'm with you on making sure our soon to be babtized kids know what it is that they are doing.

I hope this year is awesome for the Craig household!!!
Good luck with all your Goals!

Kathy said...

Wow, hair school! That's great! If you get a chance, email me your phone number, I'd love to visit with you "in person".