Sunday, August 9, 2009

I did it! I am now a stylist!

So this is my little victory dance. On Tuesday of last week, I took my state board exams. I had a blessing from Brent the night before and I know that alot of people were saying a prayer for me. I passed the exam, and went straight to work.

It was a good thing too, because our male stylist ended up having to leave (whole other post) which left me as the only stylist. On my first day I had 4 client walk-ins. I was so happy. I love my job. And each day since being licensed I have loved going to work. Sat. was so busy and I was the only stylist. It made my day go by so fast I couldn't believe it!

Now with that test off my laundry list of things to do, I can focus on girls camp.(Which is tomorrow) and then get ready for the kids to come home. I have missed them so much it is ridiculous. (That is another post as well) But they come home on Thursday and I won't be here (Camp) but on Friday I will get to see my kids again. Pennie is coming for a few days as well. I am hoping the weather cooperates for her this time. Last time it rained the whole week they were here. So camp, back to school. and then our life is a little back to normal. (well at least until Nov.)

Speaking of J.J., everything looks great so far. I took my glucose test and the doc. informed me that they made me take it 4 weeks early, So I get to take the nasty orange drink at my next appt. oh joy. After camp I will post again. Until then, thank you for reading and supporting our little Craig Corporation

3 comments:

Stacey Irwin said...

so obviously you guys decided on a name. J.J huh? o.k.

Congrats again on your getting license. I knew you would be fine, and glad you were able to put it good use in the salon! yay!

Hope you have fun at girls camp!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats on passing your test and getting your license!

Liz said...

Congratulations, Katie! Glad my personal stylist is legal! ;o) Have fun at camp. Can't wait to see the kids again! We've missed them too! We'll have to do something fun to celebrate everything. Picnic at the beach maybe? We'll talk. :o)