Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Happy Anniversary

So this last week Brent and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary. Our original plan years ago included a wedding ring that didn't turn my finger green but only "if" we made it to this anniversary. It has been our little joke for a long time. However, on year 8 Brent found a screamin' deal at a jeweler going out of business, so I got that ring 2 years ago.

Or other plan was to go on our first cruise for our 10 year anniversary. Well, we had a beautiful baby named Jackson at the end of year 9 and I just can't leave him so young for our anniversary.


Year 1:
A night at home with a newborn Abbey.

Year 2:
A night at Anniversary Inn 8 months pregnant with Hunter in a bed shaped like an octopus and only I fit in it. Good times

Year 3:
Another night at Anniversary in pregnant with Caroline. This however was a huge bed! we made sure

Year 4:
A night at home once again

Year 5:
Spent apart. Brent helped Nate move

Year 6:
Once again spent apart. He moved to South Bend and I joined him 6 weeks later

Year 7:
Spent at home. lovely night

Year 8:
Spent in an apartment on the West side of Pensacola (New Wedding Ring Year)

Year 9:
Went to Crabs on the beach with Brents Parents! It was so much fun.


So what did we do then you ask?
Well, May, 13th this year fell on a Thursday. So the kids were at school, we dropped off J.J. to a friend and we went to lunch on the beach and shopped for the kids. WOW what a day. However, I got to spend the whole day with Brent. We really don't get much of that. Baseball, work, piano, church, life in general makes being a husband and wife a trial to spend an entire day together, but we enjoy every minute we get to be together.

So although we just got to hang out. It was a great day. I love you money maker. You make my life a blast. I truly am married to my Best Friend.

Love ya

No comments: