Thursday, September 22, 2011

out of the mouth of Caroline and Hunter

So as I was thinking about what to write this week. I had my Caroline, who is always good for a laugh, say a few things this week. And while I would love to quote them all, I have 1 that just cracked me up. Also, I have one from Hunter.

Last week I had to take Hunter and Caroline to the doctor. They needed a shot. Apparently you need more in Utah than in Florida. Thank goodness these two kids are good about shots. No one cries. They just do it and we are on with life. Well the Dr. office calls and says they are both due for a physical as well. Awesome. So I take them in.
This is the first time they have had to be in a hospital gown to do the physical. I of course do not tell Hunter what she (yes she) is going to be looking at, until right before she comes in.

Quote 1

Hunter: SHE'S GONNA LOOK WHERE?! SHE'S GONNA DO WHAT?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN I HAVE TO COUGH! Enough said.


Fast forward to this week Caroline stabbed her middle finger with her pencil. No biggie, but it looked gross. So I take her into the Dr. She then sends us to the xray place next door just to make sure there isn't any lead left in her finger. So true to Caroline, she just cracks people up
The xray tech sends me to the other side of the xray proof wall (whatever) and takes the first picture of Liney's hand palm down. Then turns it palm up

Quote 2

Tech: Okay Caroline, I need you to just show me the middle finger for the xray.
Caroline: NO! Heavenly Father will be mad. I can't show that finger!
Tech: Caroline, this is the only time he won't get mad at you.
Caroline: Oh yes he will! And I will have to repent. And I know it is bad. So that's even worse!
Tech: Caroline, you need to just do it.
Caroline: Well, okay but it's true ya know.
Tech: What's true Caroline?
Caroline: That now we both have to repent. So you better tonight or He's gonna know. (with finger pointing in the air)

So just goes to show, I have wonderfully humorous children. LOVE THEM!! Never a dull moment!

Peace out!

3 comments:

Nike@ChooseToThrive said...

Bwhahahahah!

Stacey Irwin said...

I love those crazy kids! crack me up!

Liz said...

Too funny. So how's it feel to have your sweet little girl give you the finger and tell you to repent? I hope you did.

Love those kids, and u.