Monday, March 31, 2008

Frustration

I am feeling so overwhelmed today.  I have a paper due in one class tonight, a test for Spanish tomorrow and a test in my Thursday night class. I just don't have enough time!  I love working at Target,  but my schedule is so grinding at home, it just makes me wonder if I should cut back more at work and do more school, or just keep trucking along with what I am doing.  Brent and I talk about it all, but it seems that it is all coming down to what I want to do.  The only problem is I don't know what to do. I like school okay but I just can't go all dya everyday to classes. To boring for me.  I need something that will keep me going all the time.  I just don't like to do one thing at a time but I get overloaded so easily.

2 comments:

Stacey Irwin said...

you are a definetly a up and run kind of girl. Believe it or not I feel your pain. Just remeber no matter what you decide it will always take a "sacrifice" of something. Just make sure its worth it. and its what you want to do! I wish I could take on as much as you girl! What ever you decide, weather it be a stay at home mommy. or a kick'n career. or even a full time student. You'll rock at it! because that is just how you are! hang in there! you'll figure it out!

Irish Cream said...

I second Stacey's comment!!!

You are definitely a person who cannot sit around. You have to be movin', and the more people you can "move" with, the happier you seem. Target fills that need to meet new people, perform a task that is well-appreciated, and gives you opportunities for change. School puts more demands on you, but is fulfilling in that you are working toward a specific goal in a specific time period with the promise of better work ahead.

My feeling is that there is always grunt work to get to where you want to be (a teacher, right?) SO plod through the scutt work, and get to the fun stuff.

Of course, being a mom always puts more demands on your time than any other job. It is definitely the WORST paid job, and often thankless (despite even the best efforts of our husbands and friends and children). But, it is also the most important "job" we have.

Balancing work and school and motherhood has to be the hardest thing I can think of. Some things are going to slip, and sometimes it's not the one you want to let go of.

Don't forget that our Father in Heaven has the answer- you just have to ask him what He wants you to do, and then have the faith that EVERYTHING will work out PERFECTLY as you do what He asks. Not an easy task to let go of those control reigns, but the promise can't be beat.

You are awesome and I know you'll succeed whatever you decide to do.