Monday, April 7, 2008

A New Plan


After my rant last week, Brent and I got to talking about what I would like to do in my life.  I told him that I have never been a big go to school, write papers, take tests kind of girl.  I worked for my sister in law in a day spa and I really liked it.  We talked about me going to cosmetology school and I really liked the idea.  Brent said we should pray about it and we both felt like this is something I could really get into.  So Stacey and I went and looked at a couple of colleges and she helped me ask the questions that I might not know to ask (she is a licened cosmetologist).  I found a school that I like and put in an application last week.  I will start in the fall when the kids go back.  It will take about 10 months and I will still be able to go to Florida.  Brent said that I already look like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders.  I have to agree with him!  I sound like I change my mind alot and I am not saying that I don't, however when it comes to school I am just a hands on kinda chic. This is the best answer I can come up with

Stacey says that I have the perfect personality for a cosmetologist along with Brent, Pennie, Mom, Ro, and James.  I am glad I have a supportive family!  Thanks guys for rollin' with it, with me.

3 comments:

Stacey Irwin said...

Cosmetology rules! Rock on girl! I'm so glad that ALL of your family is being so supportive it really does help!

Granny B said...

I think you are on to a CAREER you will love. The Spa Susie & Jim had gave you a taste of what you really enjoy....the hair, massages, body products, etc. You were really "pumped" when you came home from work in those days! Besides, who made you look even more beautiful on your wedding day! Go for it girl! Do what you want to do.....life is too long to be stuck in a career you don't enjoy! You know I support you in every endeavor! Give my kiddos hugs and kisses. Love you MOM

Irish Cream said...

WOW! That's awesome!

Of course, I have not doubt that you will excel in whatever you choose to do, but the point is, you ENJOY doing this. I can definitely see you enjoying the Spa life more than teaching.

Let's talk soon, and you need to come play with us!