Thursday, August 14, 2008

Back to school chaos!!!!

Okay so I consider myself a pretty easy going mommy (for the most part) but straight out incompetance is just not acceptable!

So I take the kids to back to school today. (They get to find their class and meet their new teachers)

First stop. the Cafeteria

So I go into the cafeteria and the bus people are there. Great I need to make sure they know where to pick up my kids and drop them off. But low and behold you have to have a magic form filled out. Okay but the form is in the office! The line behind me was nothing short of rediculous so I say we will be back.

Second grade

So Abbey's teacher and I are probably going to butt heads a bit this year. Plain and simple she is way to professional to teach 2nd grade. She only talked to me and not Ab's and she was not organized at all. Hopefully that was just a first day kind of thing but I was a little put off by her whole presence to be honest.

First grade

Hunters teacher was so polar opposite of Abbey's that is was scary! She was animated, excited, talked to all the kids, and did a short presentation of what she expects of the kids and parents! Now that is what I needed! She was great! If her school days are anything like today Hunter will always have a great day.

Kindergarten

So Liney's teacher is perfect for K. She talks so kindly to the kids, has their every attention and just loves her job ( you can just tell) she had a project for the kids going while she talked to us parents and they all loved her. I had to talk to her about allergies and speech and all that jazz but she was fantastic and took amazing notes. Thank goodness.

To the office I go

I waited in the office line for the magic form for 30 min (with 3 kids who were just done waiting) and headed back to the cafeteria.

Cafeteria 2

The line was around every lunch table and out the door to talk to the bus people! Hello no organization. We waited another hour just to talk to the same man I did the first time. He said "Oh this is the form we need" and I just could have gone postal on him! But I calmly asked which bus we were, what time are we picked up, and made sure they knew they were to be dropped off at a different location. I met their bus driver and she is very nice. She said because we have a Kinderperson we will be picked up right at the house and dropped off right at Trena's Yeah!

Then we got to go back to all the teachers and tell them our bus #'s and now we are good to go to school on Monday.

All in all a productive day but totally unnessasary if a little bit of organization would have taken place.

High note: At this school you can pay your lunch money online! how cool is that?

1 comment:

Stacey Irwin said...

I came to see if you're header worked out! I love it! good job. I can't believe you had to go though all that. seriously! good luck with Abbey's teacher. I hope Abbey likes her.( and you too.) talk to ya later.