Sunday, August 31, 2008

Fay, Gustav and School and church...wow what a week!



Okay so my family is wondering what is going on down here and I really should have updated a bit quicker but still better late than never right?

Okay so about a week ago we had Fay roll in and spit on us (litterally) it had disipated enough by the time it got around to us that it really wasn't anything to ride home about. We had some friends over for a tropical storm party and we all laughed at the mist outside. We did play some fun games and got to know each other a bit better too. Rock band is Brent's new favorite game!

School.

So I get ready on Monday for school, get all dolled up with the hair, makeup get the kids on the bus and head off to school. I get there and the Cosmetology building is all but deserted. I think "what the crap" go inside and talk to the one lady who I have actually ever talked to the entire enrollment process all to find out that school starts on Thursday! Can you believe that?! I had it written as the 28th I knew it was the 28th, but for some reason I thought that the 28th was a Monday. The rest of the college started on Monday and I go to school Mon-Fri so why wouldn't it be Monday? well it sucked and I looked really stupid and hopefully I never see that lady ever again.

Let's try again. Okay so I go to school on Thursday (yes I know are you sure?) and I had a great day! We got our kits and went through the inventory and played with all the stuff in my bag. I crashed at home by 8:30. I am so old now that I couldn't even hold my head up.
Friday we learned how to do old lady roller sets on our manakins and I loved it! The theory class stinks and it is totally busy high school work. (write out the glossary terms in the back) but the clinic is fabulous.

Gustav.

Well this looks like it will be a little bit more severe than Fay. We already are seeing some rain and hopefully it will stay west of here. We are in a tropical storm warning but nothing we have to put up the boards for. We have food, water, and a generator with gas already to go if we lose power. Yes the babies will be taken care of and we will be in touch after it is over.

2 comments:

Stacey Irwin said...

okay you showing up to class almost 4 days to early is hilarious... and you shall never live it down.. Good luck with the hurrican watches... I'll call you tomorrow and see if you get to break in the new generator our not

Irish Cream said...

I need more information!

How are you lovin' the new classes? Have you found your rhythm yet? How are the kids doing with school?

Did you weather well the storm? Do you already have boards for your windows? Do you know how to put them up? How's your food storage lookin'? :D

You're so awesome. So prepared, so much fun, and I miss you terribly!