Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Holiday Season

So if you know me at all you know that my Holidays start in October. I only decorate for 2 holidays, Halloween and Christmas. Since we are going up to Kentucky for Thanksgiving, I thought that I should decorate the house with Christmas before we go up there. I have my trees up (only 1 is decorated) and most of the decorations as well.

This time of year also makes me homesick. I miss my family back in Utah and so do the kids. Pennie just had a major surgery and she is in a lot of pain. It is hard to see your family need you and be almost an entire country away from them. I know that they miss us and that helps too but family is family around the holidays. I am grateful to have Brents family be only a day away from us. That makes seeing family a little better. I definitely have great in laws and I adore Brents brothers and sister-in-laws, and of course those grandkids! I am really looking forward to the holidays with them.

I also miss my friends this time of year. Black Friday has been my own holiday with Stacey for the last couple of years and this year we have to do it by ourselves (just not fair if you ask me) but we have been with the Irwins for the last couple of years and they are a true extension of our family. We miss them so much. Not only me but the banter that happens between Stacey and Brent is hilarious! (if you have ever seen it you can testify) My kids always want to know what is going on with the Irwins whenever I talk with Stace~

I just miss people around the holidays and I want everyone to know that the Craigs are thinking of you this holiday season.

3 comments:

Stacey Irwin said...

I understand EXACTLY how you feel.( and now i have to mock you for putting up your tree early.. this might become a new tradition for us too..since I did that last year too!)
I'm sorry Penny isn't feeling to good. My heart goes out to her.
You have always been so awesome to take care of others.

I hope you have tons of fun in KENTUCKY. GIVE Brent a REALLY REAllY hard time for me ( when he says your being a pain in the A.. blow a kiss and say compliments of M.B!)

I am still pouting about doing B.Friday by myself.. So plan on really early calls from yours truly.You will have to hear about any good deals I find and of course the retards I will have to deal with.

Give those kids a huge hug from me! ( Ethan has an Abbey in his class when he talks about her he calls her "a different Abbey")
Happy Thanksgiving Girl!

Stacey Irwin said...

oh your picture is super cute BTW! Are you going to send me a pic of Brent the fairy or not?!

Amy Craig said...

You are NOT doing black Friday alone! We are staying the night on Friday night and the girls are goin' shopping on Friday. PARTY!