Wednesday, September 23, 2009

You know you live in redneck Fl when.....


Okay so for lack of anything that is really going on here in our neck of the woods, other than growing a baby, and Brent getting shingles. This is the funniest thing I have ever heard.

This is a conversation Brent had with one of the sales people at one of his branches.

Brent: So I think I have shingles, Katie had them when she was pregnant with Caroline, and it looks the same. I think I am going to go to the doctor and get some medicine.

Banker: Brent, there is no need, I have the cure for you. It works in 3 days, but you have to follow the directions to the letter.

Brent: okay...????

Banker: First you need to find a black chicken.

Brent: (totally laughing) a what?

Banker: A live black chicken. Then you take it home, and kill it.

Brent: (totally trying to stop laughing) okay?

Banker: Then you cut it open and drain the blood from it, and rub it on your shingles.

Brent:(still laughing but a little scared) uh huh.

Banker: then leave it on for 2 hours. Then take a bath in epson salt and rub off the blood. I swear in 3 days it will be gone. You just have to remember; black chicken, live, then kill it, then drain the blood, rub, 2 hours, epson salt bath.

Brent: ( totally not trying to hurt her feelings but still laughing) Yeah,,,,, I think I am still going to go to the doctor. But if the medicine doesn't work I will try this. By the way, where do I find a black chicken?


When Brent was telling me this story I literally peed my pants, I was laughing so hard. So even though we have awesome beaches, a beautiful community, and sunshine most of the time, it does come with some expenses of crazy white trash folk.

5 comments:

Cristy said...

Hee hee, yeah, we shake our heads at some of the things people say and do here. We saw a bathtub with a sign that said "For Sale..Or Rent". I'm hoping that they were advertising for the house, but honestly, you never know around here :-)

Stacey Irwin said...

LOL! sounds like sound advice to me!!! awesome! awesome!

Carrie said...

Wow. Thank you. Thank you for sharing this. Hahahaha!

Gaylene said...

This person really must have been from West Virginia or maybe even Arkansas! My hell--are there really people out there that still think this way?

Liz said...

I think Brent should find a black chicken! Maybe buy two, so you have one for the future! Or, buy one, and a rooster, and you're set for life! I think I saw one at the Fall Festival we went to out here. Maybe I'll bring one back with us.