Thursday, September 11, 2008

7 or 15 who knew?!


So today started off with a bang and just because now it is over I can actually blog about it. Those of you who do not find this funny can just not comment.

Okay so Brent or myself will take the kids out to the bus every morning for school. They get to bring a snack and a water bottle if they want to. So I notice that Abbey has her water bottle not in her backpack and I tell her I will put it in her bag and turn around. THis was followed with a "no thats okay I will hold it" my mommy ears get perked and I ask "whats in your backpack ab?" she says "nothing" and I say "turn around abbey"

Low and behold there is a whole wardrobe in the bag. My first instict is
"is she trying to run away" of course you would think that.

No she just didn't like what she was wearing to school and wanted to change on the bus. She even brought a jacket so the other two kids could hold it up as a shield for her. Now I was mad but I also thought it was incredibly funny too. I would like to think I handled the situation well it is as follows

"Abbey why dont you like your clothes today?
"I dont know but I wanted more options
"But you picked out your clothes that you are wearing
"I know mom but I just wanted to dress up like a kitty today and I need to wear all one color
"Abbey do you not realize why you cant be naked on the bus?
"no
"okay 3 things 1. mom said no 2. mom and dad could get into trouble for letting you be naked on the bus, and the bus driver could get in trouble too. 3. What if someone wanted to touch you in your private area. that is not good at all.

The wheels started turning and she started to be very sad that she had disappointed me and brent. Needless to say I thought I had a 7 year old but apparently I have a 15 year old instead. Sneaking clothes to change into when your mom wasnt there and then changing back before you get home (comeon you know you did it too) but seriously this is something Pennie should be dealing with not me!

Wow needless to say that was the morning and this afternoon. But rest assured she was grounded the whole day, had to talk with dad and mom, and hopefully she has learned her lesson.

2 comments:

Cristy said...

Oh my gosh, that is so stinkin' funny! I'm only laughin, cause it's your kid and not mine!!
Oh wait, mines gonna be 7 I mean 15soon too. Yikes!

Stacey Irwin said...

I don't care who you are .. this is hilarious! And she will never live this one down!!! nice job explaining why being naked on the bus is bad... better now then when she's older right?