Sunday, September 28, 2008

My little Diet Coke Monster!



Okay so on Thursdays we can make up an hour in our class or get ahead an hour, whichever you need. (I need extra since we are going to Orlando). We are not allowed to eat while we work or observe. We can however drink. I thought to myself "self bring a Diet Coke and you can drink that while you observe today". Now those of you who know me I do not carry cash ever. I take my Diet Coke, write my name on the side in permanent marker put it in the school fridge and go to class. Then at lunch I went to get my coke out of the fridge and low and behold it is gone. I ask you W.T.H!!!!!! Now I don't have a coke, no money to buy a coke and the little monster is coming out to say something I will probably regret.

I went into the salon to observe and of course my face tells everything, where is your coke Katie? So I start on a 5 minute rampage of who steals 1 can of coke. I am so angry my fists are shaking and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. I know it isn't anyone from our class, because they were all with me. But we do share the building and breakroom with the juniors, seniors, and massage therapists. I am just so angry that I can't get anything that I want to explode. Luckily a girlfriend had heard about it and brought me a Coke from McDonalds so I was okay. So now I had a coke, and needed to repay someone the next day.

My feelings are this, If you need a diet coke, bring one. If you don't have one borrow a dollar. If you would like a diet coke, have no money and have to much pride to ask for a dollar, then suck it up! Do not steal someone elses and put them in the worst mood ever! I am getting over it now and I will not put another Diet coke in the fridge unless it is in my lunch bag, but I had to get that horrible day off my chest. Thank you to Tierra for thinking of my monster on Thursday!

2 comments:

Stacey Irwin said...

I'm still laughing at this... and of course it's only because I understand way too much... If I were you . I would just open it. Stick a note on it that said you spit in it.
They will probebly double check from then on out any drink and make sure it at least does not say KATIE..( unless they want Katie spit.) my friend used to open them and then put a napkin in "just so" to make sure people left her drink alone.
I'm sorry honey.. seriously who dares to play with that kind of fire?

Rosemary Craig said...

I can totally relate. When I worked in Lexington someone stole not only my Diet Coke but also my lunch. It was 2:00 AM and I went to the frige to get and low and behold it was not there. Even if I had money there was no where to get food. I was so mad just like you!! It happened so frequently the supervisor had to put a padlock on it and we would have to find her when we wanted to eat!!