Saturday, February 7, 2009

A "clean" slate

Okay so Brent always teases me that when the house is clean, I must be angry, and while this is usually true that was not the case today.

Our poor garage has not been fully cleaned out since we moved in June. We have tried to just push things around a bit to make it look a little better but to no avail. So today we tackled the garage!

We hung bike hooks, we packed and I mean packed the attic full of our stuff. We did however organize all of the totes that are now up there. It is even labeled and put up there in order of use for the upcoming year. I am so proud of us. It was a lot of work, but it is so worth it. We can walk around the cars, and open the doors all the way!

Then we came inside to find that the kids had done their cleaning as well. I was so proud of them. They cleaned their rooms and organized the dirty clothes for us to wash. They even made themselves sandwiches for lunch. ( so as not to bother mom and dads groove)

We had to run a couple of errands and the kids were good sports. We came home made dinner and wrote out a total of 45 Valentines for next week.

I wish I could say that the cleaning was for us to enjoy, and while I am loving the organization of the house today, it was really for Brent's parents who are coming to see our house for the first time. I want it all to look amazing for them.

So I am proud of the entire Craig Corporation for pitching in for next weekend.

1 comment:

Liz said...

You should add a picture of your new garage to the post!