Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Off to Utah

Well we did it! We officially bought tickets to UT for the kids. They are going to Nashville on Hunters Bday, then flying out with Brents parents to UT. Then they come home on August 13th. They will be flying home with Pennie to our house.

Brent and I are so happy that Pennie is able to take care of the kids this summer. It will be saving us a ton of money and not to mention that the kids adore the Parkinsons. We are sad as well that we won't see them for 9 weeks! Wow that is a long time without your kids. The good thing is, we have webcams to keep in touch.

The reason you ask for the kids awesome summer? I have school almost the entire summer and summer camp is ridiculous here. I can't miss that much time from school. The fact is, the sooner I am done, the sooner I can get my career going. It is a bitter sweet summer coming up. The kids will always remember their time in UT with Aunt Pennie, and we will miss them terribly, but I know this is the best option for us at the time.

So although we will be without kids this summer, we will still be parenting from a distance. And the kids will probably not want to come home, since Pennie is so good to them.

They are going to be in swim lessons, and have Lagoon passes, so the entertainment will definitely be there.

Thanks again to everyone that is making this a possibility. Brent and I really do appreciate it!

3 comments:

Stacey Irwin said...

Parenting from a distance?! LOL! ya.. surrreee ya will.. Are you going to disipline and put them to bed from a distance too>! LOL! It's alright girl tell yourself what you have to.. but lets be honest. you have the summer off of parenting!
Glad everything worked out and Pennie is being awesome to take them. ( give that girl the aunt of the year award!) It will be nice for you to have school done! yay.. so we can't come out till end of Aug? Paul and I will start trying to figure out dates.
talk to you later

Liz said...

Wow, Stacey, say it like it is! I like you. Can I be your friend too? What do you think, Katie, can you share her?

It's ok Katie, if you start to miss parenting, you're welcome to come steal our kids, free of charge!

We'll miss Abbey, Hunter, and Caroline a lot. Not to mention it just wont be the same when you call out, "Ok, everyone with the last name Craig needs to follow me" and only Brent comes.

Dene said...

I'm not so old that I don't remember summers spent with cousins and relatives away from home. It was awesome. Don't know if it was for that long, but. . .
So you will be available for blogging and facebook lessons? In your spare time, of course.