Thursday, February 19, 2009

How to make rice in a rice cooker

Okay so I know that I have a recipe blog but laugh all you want at this one. I know I did.

So tonight I decided to make rice in my new rice cooker. I have always made minute rice so real rice isn't my thing. I made real rice a total of 2 times when we were first married, and both times I scorched it so since then it has been minute rice.

For Christmas, Brent got me a rice cooker. According to everyone I know, "throw in the rice, water and turn it on, walk away" Yeah freakin right!

I couldn't understand what the crap it was telling me. Add rice to inner pot, add water to 2nd line of pot. add cooking water to cooker. What the crap! What is cooker water? What kind of directions are "add water to 2nd line of pot"? this is ridiculous.

I finally had to call Stacey, she said my rice cooker is to high tech for her. But she did walk me through it. We had a good laugh about how I can make almost anything, but real rice isn't my thing.

So it did turn out and the kids really liked it. That I guess is a good thing, however, I think we will have some minute rice on hand just in case I am rice cooker retarded again.

2 comments:

Stacey Irwin said...

I'm glad it worked out. No problems? yay! once you figure it you. And get used to real rice ( minute rice is not real rice.) you'll have a hard time going back.
Now in regards of which rice is best to buy. Find Cal-rose.( brand) usually on bottom shelf and a tad more expensive. it's a shorter grain and a little more sticky of a rice. trust me.. it's a pretty good one.. Jasmine rice is pretty yummy too.
LOL~ glad our grasping at straws worked out!!!

Mutuelle sante said...

Thanks it was a wonderful guide, now to make rice in a rice cooker is without a doubt simple with your recommendation. Thank you