Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Funk

We have officially been in our house for a month. While it is starting to feel like "mine" I can't help being in a funk.

Not complaining at all. I just can't seem to find my rhythm. Stacey was telling me that usually by now I have my "friend" and yes usually I do. I have that one person I find that gets my weird personality and usually I'm good. I can go on, figure other people out. But as long as I have that "friend" things move smoothly. I just haven't got that person yet, and I don't know if that is keeping me in my funk or what.

The kids and Brent on the other hand area adjusting magically! Abbey loves school. She has a little friend who is adorable. She loves activity days, and she loves church! Hunter is the same. Loves school, scouts, church. Caroline is doing great as well. She loves her teacher, has a little friend, church is awesome and she gets to go to activity days with Abbey. Jackson loves being able to run free in the house and do whatever he feels like. Within reason. MacKenzie loves to chill and just have a ball watching everyone doing whatever it is we are doing. So quick to smile. She is overall a wonderful baby. She is starting to teethe. Which is not fun, but she is coping great. Brent is doing great with his job. The lack of responsibility is good for him. He needed a break from being in charge of everything.

But me? I just can't figure it out. I'm not unhappy, I just can't seem to grip what it is that I need to be doing right now. Brent and I got callings as team teachers in primary. We haven't done that since we were first married. It is kinda fun to think about. Ask me again in a few months after being with the kids for a while;)

Think thats it for now. See ya soon

3 comments:

Liz said...

Keeping praying for that one friend to move in or find you, or that you'll find her. It'll happen. My guess is in retrospect you wont even remember this last month. 4 weeks isn't long. You've been busy unpacking anyway.

We miss you. However I'm confident it'll happen, and you'll start enjoying your homeland again.

Have you considered writing a personals ad for your local newspaper?

Closet case crafty mom seeking friendship with another fun mom. Understanding of diet coke addiction required. Fan of all Stephanie Meyer novels optional, but encouraged. Respect for Phineas and Pherb, as well as all Disney movies, TV shows, and characters also encouraged.

Katie said...

well as long as you answer the ad them I am golden! love you!

Dene said...

I love Liz's idea about a personal ad - although I probably wouldn't have responded to that. Diet Coke doesn't do it for me because I need the real thing and I don't watch Phineas and Pherb because I don't have any little ones.
You have been very busy, but don't dismay. To know you is to love you and it will happen soon. Keep us posted.