Friday, August 26, 2011

Time to catch up

So if I ever needed a kick in the pants last night was the night.

I went to RS and we were talking about family history. Yes, yes I know we have started ours and I was really looking forward to seeing how other people do theirs. However, after the dinner portion, (which was awesome. I met some really cool people) the speakers talked about making their own memories which led to family history. So of course people scrapbook, blog, take pics, so on and so forth. And one of the ladies mentioned how they put everything in their blog. WOW! someone like me. Yes I do keep things pretty nice on here, but this is my journal after all and sometimes you just have a bad day. Yes I do!

So I will be posting some nice baptism memories, and blessing memories. But this post is about Jackson...


When Brent's parents were here a few weeks ago we were having a ball! The kids were in the basement, Brent and James were grillin out back, Rosie and I were chatting while getting the table stuff going and up come Jackson balling!

So I'm trying to figure out what in the world is going on and Caroline comes up and says "well he might be crying because Abbey and I were dragging him on the carpet and he might have a rug burn" So I instantly look at his back and low and behold! He is bleeding on his back in two area's and the rest of his back is in a huge rug rash! OH MY GOODNESS!!! Thank heaven Rosie is a nurse! She ran to the store and got some neosporin and lanacane. I sprayed him with the lanacane (which did not go over well) and she put the neosporin on the bad parts. We gave him some motrin and he fell asleep. over the next few days, it got so much better. I felt like mom of the year for sure. It looked like he was burned with a hot poker or something. It was bad. I felt so low. We aptly grounded the girls and stated to them that under no circumstances if he is laughing or not, we don't drag people on the carpet. I wish I would have pictures to share but honestly I want to forget it even happened.


Jackson part 2.
The day after the rug burn, JJ had an eye appt to see if his eyes needed surgery. This has been a long road back and forth deciding if it is really needed. Long long story short, his eyes are just fine now! Lots of prayers were answered. He is seeing straight and the doctor said his vision is correcting on its own. So thank goodness we don't need a patch, surgery, or glasses. He will probably need glasses eventually because hey, who doesn't. But for us it was a win.

No comments: