Wednesday, August 10, 2011

post 1.

Okay I told everyone each item from the last post deserved its own.

Let's get the gross one out of the way first.

House

After looking for houses for a couple of weeks, we decided on two. One was too nice for us and then there is this one. The size is great, quiet neighborhood, landlords seem really nice. A little aloof, but nice nonetheless.

So up here the kids are in year round school. The landlords didn't want us to have to start the kids late, so they let us in a week early under the condition that we would patch some holes from pictures, clean blinds. Ya know, normal stuff when you move out. I said sure! I like that sort of thing anyway. However, upon move in day there was more than just a little wear and tear.

1. house gross! not just like move out gross, like I haven't ever cleaned my oven gross, or I have 4 boys and they never cleaned a toilet gross! Now I know I have 5 kids, a husband and me. But if I can find time to clean my house, so can you!!!
So while we were moving in boxes, I make Brent go buy a bunch of cleaners so I can get started. The oven was promptly set to self clean as well. So hot in the house but I didn't care. Then I got to work with the elbow grease.
2. They only left 4 blinds in the whole house and they are all broken. So we had to go buy some blinds then some curtain rods and curtains. This must be the first time they have rented a house to someone.
3. The walk through: "I know we didn't leave the house super clean, but we expect it cleaner when you move out" (Katie raises an eyebrow) um, ok. (thinking to myself "I live so much cleaner than this, no problem") Holes in the wall. Okay I see the picture holes no problem. Did you mention the holes in doors. like baseball sized? the towel bars pulled from the walls? hmmmm. Well good thing I know how to patch right? Your island counter has chunks taken out from it, did you know that too? Your stove has a heating element that has been fried, did you know? of course not, you would have to clean under the drip pans to see that!!!
Let's just say I marked everylittle think on that list so I am not held responsible.

On the upside. I love the neighborhood, the house is big for everyone to have their own room. Babies are sharing though. They did spend money in some good places. Bathrooms are gorgeous,(when cleaned that is) and they upgraded the flooring on the main level. Lighting is beautiful. Yard is fenced and green grass everywhere!

Once it was cleaned, I truly am loving this home. I am making small adjustments to the house. New light fixtures in the girls rooms from IKEA. Love that store! and bedding and paint. All in all it has become my home. I hope when the landlords come over they see how much I really have done to improve the house.
I'm a bit overbearing with how my house looks, and now I can see some potential growing in it.

If we like the ward enough here, I can see us buying this house. The landlords would love that. If that becomes the case, I will make sure some serious improvements are made before we buy though.

I will post pics once each room is complete. Until then I will get crackin on the next post

No comments: