Friday, August 26, 2011

Happy birthday June people



For those who don't know Hunter, Caroline, Brent and myself all have a birthday in June. It is usually like Christmas at our house with the amount of sweets and presents roaming. This year was totally different.

1. We moved, 2 times in the month. Sucked, enough said

But Hunter had a great time hanging out with his buddy Bryce for 2 whole weeks before we left. I didn't see him from the day school was out until church that Sunday and then off he was again. He loved it. So for him his birthday was perfect. I felt bad, no party, a few presents, but he was so content.

Caroline had a birthday and a baptism this year. Family from KY was in Rosie and James, Mark and Maria and kids. And my family came in the day we were loading everything up. It was Kelly's first time out to Fl and of course it was a whirlwind tour. We were loading everything, sightseeing, eating. It was just crazy. On the 19 was Carolines baptism. Her dress was amazing. Rosie and Kelly spoke, Katelyn played the piano. It was just beautiful. Stacey was doing a wedding in Atlanta, but Paul brought the kids to see Liney Lou. We went to golden corral after with a huge group and just hung out. It was great.

MacKenzie was blessed on Sunday morning. She did so well. Brent cried. He really is in tune when he gives a blessing. I admire his priesthood and how he holds it so reverently. promptly following the blessing Kelly, Mom, Katelyn left with Abbey and Jackson so they could catch their flight home. Pennie stayed and drove across the country with me and the rest of the family.

Brent and my birthday was celebrated in West Jordan at Pennies house where we had cake and ice cream with the Parkinson's, Oakeson's, mom and us. It was a long day. One that I'm sure I'll forget but hey I'm supposed to right it down. I love my birthday, it's my day. All about me, but this year it sucked. Just sayin. The cake and stuff was awesome but the day itself was just crap. Still, I'm grateful to be around famlily for the kids and I know this move was inspired. I just need to get on board I guess.

Anyway that covers birthday and Blessings, and baptism. Moving on!!!


No comments: